Friday, August 21, 2009

It's not the years, it's the mileage....

I've got one of those crazy Youth Ministry overnight events tonight.
We're joining with a couple of other churches (Hi, Cory!) to play Broomball at a local ice rink until 1:15, then coming back to our church to play an especially violent version of Dodgeball in the sanctuary.
Will anyone sleep? Who knows.
Will they get pranked if they do? Uh - that's kind of the rule for lock-ins.
What I DO know is that I'm probably too dang old for crap like this.
I mean, sure, it was my idea to do it, and I'm really looking forward to it - but what I'm NOT looking forward to is how I'm going to feel when I have to stumble home at 8:00 in the morning.
I'm currently taking bets on how many days it'll take me to get back to normal afterwards.
My money's on "all of them".

Ah, who am I kidding. There's no such thing as enough sleep.

Abby is having an overnight retreat with some chicks from church, so our poor puppies will be home alone all night.

Wow. As I was writing this, I got really sleepy all of a sudden.
I'm headed home to take a nap...

No comments: