Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Greatest Hits

Every morning, one of the first things I do is check all the blogs I read, to see if anybody has updated. Sometimes, alot of people will go a long time without updating, or saying why. It's those times when I actually start to wonder if the rapture has happened, and I was left behind. You think I'm kidding, don't you? I'm not. But then I think - nah, one of those people was Bill, or Shane, or Nathan Dewberry... and there's no way they're going and I'm not. And then I feel better.

So - you may have noticed that I've moved the blog, and you're probably wondering why. Well, I would say that a good example is probably the paragraph that you just read right above this. My other blog was compromised by some younger, more impressionable minds, and I wouldn't want to subject them to some of the stuff you see here. Not that it's raunchy, or tasteless, or anything like that - but just because some of it is raw, and questioning, and me just trying to process and work through things. Things I'm not quite ready to teach, necessarily, which is the unfortunate byproduct of influence and association with more impressionable minds. So, for their protection and mine, I decided to relocate. Also because about 10 months ago, some random kid left a comment on the old blog that said something like, "Aren't you a little old to have a Xanga site?". Probably so, kid. Probably so.

I have painstakingly migrated all of my favorite stuff from the old blog over to this one... Xanga's Greatest Hits, if you will. I have even kept their original dates and times. Blogger is cool like that. And there's no need for the chatterbox because here you can post comments without signing up for anything! Let's DO avoid posting anonymously, though, can we? Now, I only know 2 things about HTML - jack, and squat. But I am open to suggestions, tips and tricks. If you made it over here to the new blog, congratulations - I consider you an adult. Now do me a flavor and don't mention it on the old one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my boyfriend was Swass like you. Actually, I wish my boyfriend knew what Swass means. But he's not all pop-cultural like that. (Speaking of, did you read that Stephen King article idolizing American pop-culture from the EW three weeks ago, with HP on the cover? I thought it was ace-high. *high-fives Stephen King*)

And hey, sometimes we just want to leave anonymous comments. So leave us be. One week to wrap-around! *wink*

Tanya Rallinson said...

Bout time you matured a little! So proud!

Anonymous said...

Wait - who said anything about mature? I'm just fleeing persecution by those who are rightfully immature, that's all.

Anonymous said...

wow... an adult huh??? I guess it had to happen sometime...

The Bagboy said...

I love that I'm the first in a list of people who are your touchstone for whether or not the Rapture has occurred.

Anonymous said...

I love that you used the word "touchstone" in a sentence. Correctly, no less.

Anonymous said...

Haha, when I was younger...as in like very young...that used to be my greatest fear. The Rapture. I remember the time I came home and noone was there (I guess they were outside) and I sat in the middle of the floor and cried because I was sure Jesus had taken my family and left me behind (I had taken some of my dad's jellybeans and was doomed for eternity). Haha, this post was great.