Friday, October 1, 2004

LOST


Currently Watching
Star Wars Trilogy (Widescreen Edition)
By Harrison Ford
see related
HA! Did you see that? Apparently the Star Wars Trilogy is "by Harrison Ford". I hope George doesn't get wind of this.

Anyway, Mark's woman got him the new Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. He recently bought a progressive scan DVD player, and a nice 32" HDTV. Two great tastes that taste great together, I must say. So far we have watched all the bonus material, "A New Hope", and "The Empire Strikes Back" IN HIGH DEFINITION. You haven't seen these movies until you've seen them in HD. It's like looking through a freaking window! No, I take that back... it's clearer than looking through a window. It's clearer than real life! I'm a little bit sad, though, because even though I know that "Jedi" is the next one, and the best one, I know that after that - there's nothing else. Sure, I know I could go back and watch Episodes I and II, but they just don't hold the same mystique for me that the originals do. How could they? They weren't written by Harrison Ford.

Anyway, I'm not writing to tell you about Star Wars. I'm writing to tell you about the Best Show You're Not Watching. That's right, gather 'round, children - Unca J.T.'s about to reveal the secret of the T.V.-watching universe to you.

LOST.

Have you seen this show? It's on ABC on Wednesdays at 7 p.m CST. And before you ask - NO, it is NOT a reality show. It's a drama. Or maybe an action/adventure. It's hard to tell. Normally I'm not down with the ABC dramas, but this show is BLOWING MY MIND. I love it! It's been a while since I actually loved a show so much I thought I would go crazy waiting a whole week for a new episode. It is NOTHING like I expected. You've seen the promos for it. Bunch of folks have a plane crash. Land on what looks like a desert island. Great, you figure - A fictional survivor. Or "Alive" in a warmer climate, and pretty soon they'll start to eat each other. But I'm telling you, there is much more to this show than you think. If you haven't been watching it - you've been missing out. It stars, in no particular order:

That oldest kid from Party of Five.
The new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from the West Wing.
The guy who used to rent the apartment above the Talon last season on Smallville.
And one of the Hobbits. Not Frodo - Not Sam.

Two 1-hour episodes have already aired, and normally that would suck for you. But I have good news! Both episodes will be airing again THIS Saturday night on ABC, starting at 7 p.m. CST. So you can catch up, and start watching, or taping, or setting your TiVo or Replay TV. Just do whatever it takes to catch this thing.

Oh- and this is the only thing I think I'll say about this, but:
John Kerry: 1
George Bush: 0
Best 2 out of 3 gets to be President

No comments: