- Dr. Rick Davis puts the smack down on his blog, aintsobad, today. Among other things, he says,
"... we can function with the church as organic. Jesus says so. He is always talking about how the Kingdom grows in organic germs.
WHOA! Yikes. I'm thinking you might want to check out the whole post.
So, we could stop acting like the church/Kingdom grows organizationally. For every Saddleback, there are ten BoardedUps. (By the way every mega-church is about two generations away from a big, empty building. Go to England, drive by Spurgeon's old church. Empty.) Prayer, Bible teaching in understandable expressions and connections to the soil/air make a church grow organically."
- Stupid Texas. Everybody over here drives trucks. Now, I don't really care if you drive a truck - but for crying out loud, learn how to park it! Always overlapping the freakin' lines and stuff. Hey Zeke, there's only so many parking spaces under the sun - you can use one at a time per car (unless you can figure out how to use fewer). Here's what I think. If Bubba can't figure out how to put it between the lines, he loses the right to complain if, sayyyy... I dunno... his tires get slashed, or something - speaking hypothetically, of course. I know, I know... that's not love. Fine. Try this: If you want to straddle the parking line, I would LOVE for you to get hemmorhoids. How 'bout that?
- My Name Is Earl. This show is TV gold, if you ask me. An original plot device that makes sense, and serves to provide material that moves the story along every week? That's more than you can expect from most 30 minute sitcoms. Genius. Plus? Jason Lee and that super-hot chick (and no, I'm not talking about Jamie Pressly). Gold, I tells ya.
- Evidently, due to a dispute with the franchisee, all the Krispy Kremes in Houston will be shut down, and re-opened as Jumble's Dough Factory & Coffee Bar. No more KK for H-town.
In other news - I couldn't care less.
- Looks like the Texans are exercising the option on David Carr's contract. Contrary to popular will, it seems he might be around for 3 more years, making it fairly obvious who they are going to choose with their #1 draft pick.
- Reggie Bush, RB from USC - in case you were wondering.
- I think my upstairs neighbor must be an insomniac who weighs about a gazillion pounds, and is only endowed with a single leg - forcing him or her to hop their considerable girth around the apartment at all hours of the day and night.
- Dear Grey's Anatomy,
I'm glad we finally got to get together for a bit the other night. I have heard so many great things about you from people whose opinions I trust. I'm sorry for falling asleep during your third episode. Don't get me wrong - you're great, and all, but... I'm afraid you might not be for me. Oh, no, it's not because of anything you really did or didn't do. It's more of just a place that I'm kind of at right now. I mean, I know it's not what it used to be, but I've had this thing going with The West Wing for a long time, and with reruns and syndication and all, I don't want to mess that up. Things are also really good between LOST and me, right now. The truth is, I just don't have room in my life for another show. Especially one so complicated and long-running as you seem to have become. Oh -no... those are good things, just.... like I said... not for me - not right now. I'll always keep you on my external hard-drive, though. And maybe one day - after this new season of Survivor has come and gone - we can give things another try? I'd hate to give up so easily, you know? I'm not a quitter, but I know you deserve more.